Buttons: Text COLOR and HILITE

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
net500cg

Buttons: Text COLOR and HILITE

Post by net500cg »

In earlier versions there was a very handy ICON (button) for TEXT COLOR and TEXT HILITE available on a menu bar. However, I can only find these icon/buttons via a wait-state selection for FONT and STYLE. Though the access to the STYLE menu setting is nice ... there is no way there to set a FONT color - other than NORMAL.

I've scoured the BUTTON selections and find NO ACCESS/SELECTION for individual ICON/BUTTONS for setting the FONT COLOR or FONT HILITE.

Please .. if these setting exist (1) direct me (2) make them - if they are not - very simple to find. I am no novice in the use of computer GUI or Programs. If I have trouble with this ..then those less knowledgeable will likely be adding to the decline in hair grooming economics. :?

Thanks.

net500cg
J. Leslie Booth
NET500.CG
net500.com
net500cg@gmail.com
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

They should be located in the Format toolbar (the one with the style/font lists). Since they are not an ordinary toolbar buttons, they could not be hidden from the Format toolbar or added to other toolbars. So they should be there, but it is possible that this toolbar has too many buttons and the Font Color and Font Background Color buttons are not visible unless you maximize MyInfo window or remove some of the other buttons on the toolbar.

We will convert them to normal toolbar buttons in some of the next bigger updates to avoid this problem.
net500cg

Post by net500cg »

I received an email notification that Petko had responded to my request for help, regarding regaining access to the one-touch buttons for Text Color and Hi-lite.

I read the quote at the bottom of this post (Petko 1) and followed Petko's instructions: to the 'T'. I looked from 'stem-to-stern' in my copy of MyInfo and still could NOT find the buttons. I sent a follow-up email to Petko telling him that the search was not successful. :|

Petko replied with the following suggestion:
Petko 2 wrote:Hi Les,

Could you try resetting your Format toolbar and check if they will reappear? You can do that by going to Tools > Customize > Toolbars. Click on Formatting and then Reset.
BINGO!!! This worked! :lol: I now have the two important, easy-access, buttons for one-touch font coloring and hi-lighting of text in MyInfo - restored.

Thank you Petko!
Petko 1 wrote:They should be located in the Format toolbar (the one with the style/font lists). Since they are not an ordinary toolbar buttons, they could not be hidden from the Format toolbar or added to other toolbars. So they should be there, but it is possible that this toolbar has too many buttons and the Font Color and Font Background Color buttons are not visible unless you maximize MyInfo window or remove some of the other buttons on the toolbar.

We will convert them to normal toolbar buttons in some of the next bigger updates to avoid this problem.
J. Leslie Booth
NET500.CG
net500.com
net500cg@gmail.com