Recurring Tasks

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
IanG

Recurring Tasks

Post by IanG »

Hi Everyone,

I've just started the Trial version and have encountered a possible problem.

Is it possible to create a recurring task - with an alarm please.

Thanks,

Ian
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

There is no option for re-occurring tasks at this point in time, as far I'm aware
IanG

Post by IanG »

Hi Telesto,

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

How strange that such a simple function is not available.

A disappointment, and a deterrent to purchasing, that's for sure.

Off to have a look for an alternative programme.

Ian
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

IanG wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 6:17 pm How strange that such a simple function is not available.

A disappointment, and a deterrent to purchasing, that's for sure.
Ian
I surely grasp it's deterring a purchase, if it's pre-requirement. It doesn't seem to hard to implement and the request isn't outlandish. So maybe the developer - Petko - is willingly to add it.

Out of curiosity: how did you arrive at MyInfo as candidate? Are you using a different PIM program and looking for a different one? Are you looking for Task Management Software specific or combi of Note taking and tasks?
IanG

Post by IanG »

Well, having read on this Forum (somewhere) that someone suggested adding a recurring task some years ago, and nothing has been done since, I think it unlikely they will bother now.

I have been trialling/using DoogiePIM and EssentialPIM.

I gave up on Doogie as the Developer seems to have lost focus and interest, and is very long-winded about things too.

EssentialPIM is effective, but would benefit from several improvements throughout.

I also tried MSD-Organiser but, in my opinion, it is not a properly workable option, and their Tech Support needs very considerable improvement.

Anyway, a decision was made for me this morning, as MyInfo has somehow become infected with a virus -- despite good A/V and Firewall software - so it's now uninstalled - never again to be run on my machines.

Thanks for your continuing interest in this - but I'll not be continuing with MyInfo.
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

IanG wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 10:47 am Thanks for your continuing interest in this - but I'll not be continuing with MyInfo.
No problem! Thanks for the reply never the less. EssentialPIM came to mind too, when you mentioned re-occurring tasks. It's activity developed, however bit bug prone, in my past experience (version 9 early version of the 10 branch). IMHO DoogiePIM/ MSD-Organiser a new to me. MSD Organiser doesn't seem to be developed any longer.

Other alternatives might be: RightNote, InfoQube and MyLifeOrganized. The all have a task management feature some sort. However, no clue if it would fit your needs. The task feature isn't a requirement of mine, so I didn't test the feature thoroughly
IanG

Post by IanG »

Hi Telesto,

Sorry for delay in responding.

Thanks for the suggestions, although none suited my requirements.

I came across one though, in the Freeware Community, which, although still with a few "wrinkles", seems to work reasonably well.

It's called Agenda at Once -- I'm definitely finished messing about with "MyInfo", that's for sure.

Thanks again for your input and help.

Ian