Bug: MI freezes & and backup location

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
dbroccardo

Bug: MI freezes & and backup location

Post by dbroccardo »

MyInfo 8.1 7911

When I use MyInfo from my home office, I have the backups set to a network drive, like \\SAN\backups. I have it set to backup every 2 hours. This works fine.

When I travel and I am not connected to my home network, when I start MI it does not start, and seems to hang (it does show the MI icon in the system tray, but clicking on it does nothing). If I kill the process, and restart MI, it starts with no notebooks open, and when I manually open my notebooks (that reside on my local PC), it opens the notebooks with the notes list reset to minimum column widths and I have to readjust each notebook and section.

I am traveling now, and as a test, I turned off the backup option while I was still at home, and when I started MI just now, it loads just fine, which seems to point to an issue with how MI is handling the backup destination not being found when starting MI. Perhaps it should show the user a dialog that the backup has been disabled, and will attempt to be re-enabled the next time MI starts.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Dave, thank you for your observation. I will investigate this.
dbroccardo

Post by dbroccardo »

I may have spoken to fast. I am still away from my home network, and MI is hanging at start up, and the backup option is still turned off. This never happens on my local network when the network file backup location is available.

Dave