[fixed in mi35b2]search bug, yellow background after search

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
joey433

[fixed in mi35b2]search bug, yellow background after search

Post by joey433 »

I'm using MyInfo 3.50beta and I think I've found a bug. Sometimes when I search using the search box near the top, MyInfo will highlight the resultant substrings but then it changes the background color of the text permanently to yellow. I've had to manually go through my notes and change all yellow backgrounds back to none.
I noticed this because after I made many different searches, it seemed like it was keeping all of my past searches highlighted but it had actually changed the text attributes - not something I want.
Also, I've found that sometimes MyInfo can find substrings and sometimes not. It seems to always work if the front part of a word is used but not always if middle parts of a word or words are used as search parameters (eg. when searching for Arizona, Arizo works but rizo does not).
It also doesn't seem to like punctuation marks in search strings so if I'm looking for 2.345v , it won't find it but 345v works. This also doesn't work in the filter.
joey433

Post by joey433 »

After a little more playing, I found that if you click inside the text area of any note just after the search that's when the yellow background can become part of the text (presumeably because you've entered text editing mode). Scrolling up and down the note using the scroll bar is ok but don't click inside any notes.
If you cancel the text results panel on the right side before clicking on the text area of a note, then all text results are cancelled and it leaves you in the note you were last looking at and all yellow backgrounds are turned off, so all is well. To see more results, you have to search again and move further down the results panel. Fortunately, the search box shows the last search you performed. A bit clumsy but workable for now.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

joey433 wrote:I'm using MyInfo 3.50beta and I think I've found a bug. Sometimes when I search using the search box near the top, MyInfo will highlight the resultant substrings but then it changes the background color of the text permanently to yellow. I've had to manually go through my notes and change all yellow backgrounds back to none.
I noticed this because after I made many different searches, it seemed like it was keeping all of my past searches highlighted but it had actually changed the text attributes - not something I want.
Confirmed. We will fix that in the next (beta) release.
joey433 wrote:Also, I've found that sometimes MyInfo can find substrings and sometimes not. It seems to always work if the front part of a word is used but not always if middle parts of a word or words are used as search parameters (eg. when searching for Arizona, Arizo works but rizo does not).

By design it should find only words and words that begin with the substring. It is a side effect, that it will find text in the middle of the words.
joey433 wrote:It also doesn't seem to like punctuation marks in search strings so if I'm looking for 2.345v , it won't find it but 345v works. This also doesn't work in the filter.
We will fix this too.