Pasting formatted text into Thunderbird

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
Dave

Pasting formatted text into Thunderbird

Post by Dave »

Is there any way to paste text which is formatted in MyInfo into an email editor in Thunderbird, and have it KEEP the formatting from MyInfo? It always pastes as unformatted text.

This is a big stumbling block for me. I always have to re-format what I send to others.

It's not a problem pasting into MS Word. The only work-around I know of is to paste into MS Word, then copy and paste from MS Word into Thunderbird. Then the formatting is retained. But that causes an extra newline to appear between each line.

Comments, suggestions?

Thanks, Dave
mathom

Post by mathom »

I don't have Thunderbird available right now, but isn't there a "paste special" (or something like that) in the edit menu that gives you the option to "paste formatted text"? At any rate, sounds like something you might want to bring up with the Thunderbird developers as well.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Thunderbird has available:

Paste
Paste without Formatting
Paste as Quotation

(no Paste Special)

This seems more likely to be a MyInfo issue than a Thunderbird issue. I've used Thunderbird for many years and had no issues pasting formatted text until I started using MyInfo (starting with V2 in 2003, even though I haven't posted on the forum until now).

I'm pretty sure that MyInfo is doing something differently from other programs when it comes to text formatting.

I was kind of hoping this might be fixed in V5. I ordered V5, but have not installed it yet. I requested this be fixed in the "wish lists" for V5, but it was not one of the popular votes.
Dave

Post by Dave »

Bringing up the question I had long ago, which was unresolved in V5: Has this been fixed in V6?

If anyone has MyInfo 6 and Thunderbird installed, will you please check?

I'm not interested in upgrading without this.

Thanks,
Dave
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Dave, text from MyInfo still can't be pasted formatted in Thunderbird, because Thunderbird accepts only HTML formatted text and MyInfo uses Rich Text Formatting (compatible with Ms Word for example, but not with Thunderbird). We will try to include HTML support in some of the next versions, but it is currently unavailable.
Dave

Post by Dave »

That answers my question. Thanks!
Dave.

Post by Dave. »

Hi Petko,

Have you been able to add support for pasting formatted text into email tools such as Thunderbird yet?

Thanks,
Dave
("Dave." = "Dave" -- I was unable to login with my original username)