Alarm/alert/reminder function

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
CyberCrone

Alarm/alert/reminder function

Post by CyberCrone »

I see that this has been mentioned at least a couple of times, but I want to add my voice to those that wish for a reminder function of some sort. Seems like a basic and crucial function for any program that has to-do feature.

That said, I do want to say that except for that, MyInfo was a great find, especially being able to add tags - I can't understand why so many similar programs don't include this. I also deeply appreciate that I can change the style of hyperlinks and get rid of that damned underlining. I like other features too but those are the two main delights so far.

A new user
Sascha

Post by Sascha »

I agree with CyberCrone.

The possibility to add a reminder to every single item would be great.
I don't have a look to the filter every day, so it would be nice to get an audio-visual notification if a task, respectively its reminder, becomes due.

This is the last missing feature for me to buy this product; guaranteed ;)
CyberCrone

Post by CyberCrone »

Sascha wrote:I agree with CyberCrone.
This is the last missing feature for me to buy this product; guaranteed ;)
I bet you'll end up buying it anyway, Sascha. Despite a couple of missing features, the ones it does have are heads above similar programs, so I bought it anyway some time after my initial post above. As you use the program you'll discover them.
Sascha

Post by Sascha »

:wink:

IMHO the possibility to set up reminders is a must-have for these kind of software.

There is another product I keep an eye on - and it has this feature ;)
The problem is - it has too many features for me...

We'll see :)
Sascha

Post by Sascha »

Okay, my decision goes to the other product.
CyberCrone

Post by CyberCrone »

Sascha wrote:Okay, my decision goes to the other product.
Well, what product IS it, Sascha? It's not against any rules to mention the name of it here. I'm curious because I didn't find anything that comes close to MyInfo and I looked at quite a few.

I do think that your decision to go with another product might encourage Milenix to reconsider adding the reminder function, which as we have discussed seems a very basic thing for this type of program and it's been asked for by others.
Sascha

Post by Sascha »

CyberCrone wrote: Well, what product IS it, Sascha?
You got a PM.

I am searching for a surrogate of ActionOutline, I've been using for about one year (there are no reminders either :wink: )
MyInfo seems to be a candidate, because it has very nice features; but it does not meet my demands to 100 percent :?

To cut a long story short:
MI is a very nice app - but I found a nicer one.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

It seems that the Reminder feature becomes more and more desired by our customers (according not only to these comments here, but also by our feedback page, so we are going to reconsider our position and include a reminder function in one of the next updates.

It will be based on document's due date and will notify you in a non-intruding way that items are due (in contrast of Outlook's way of doing it), so it will not interrupt the work flow of the application.
CyberCrone

Post by CyberCrone »

Petko wrote: It will be based on document's due date and will notify you in a non-intruding way that items are due (in contrast of Outlook's way of doing it), so it will not interrupt the work flow of the application.
I'm so glad to hear this. However, for me, and I suspect for a lot of other people as well, a good reminder IS intrusive. That is, I want a message to pop up independent of anything else I am doing at the time. I like Google Calendar's options to either pop up a message just above toolbar and/or receive an email. A reminder based on a document's due date has limited usefulness. I need to set a TIME as well as date, to begin a task, to make a phone call, to check something, to get ready for an appointment - all related to the project in MyInfo. The document due date has little to do with my needs.

Toni
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I understand you concerns. We will make our best to do it right. Probably there will be new Reminder attribute, which will be used instead of the Due Date.
Crystal401

Post by Crystal401 »

Petko,

When you create this feature please consider two entries.

1. start date
2. due date

A lot of time management methodologies use start date reminders
in addition to due date reminders.

Implementation wise, I don't think there should be too much
overhead on your side, but it would make a significant difference
in usability.

Thank you,