Topics tree? (subtopics)

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
CyberCrone

Topics tree? (subtopics)

Post by CyberCrone »

Another accidental discovery. Yesterday when I created a topic the name topic box had another box under the main one that was labeled something that suggested the topic I was creating could be saved as a subtopic (although I don't think that was the term used?) of another one. I was surprised and pleased to see this, but I didn't want to do that for the topic I was creating so I left it blank. Now I can't reproduce that! I get the same old topic name box without any such option. I'm sure of what I saw, but once again I can't find any mention in Help file or under Properties & Security, options, customize. ?????? Did I invent this experience? I wasn't smoking a thing!
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

You've got it right! You can export a branch of the topic to new topic using File > Export > Selected documents to new MyInfo topic.
CyberCrone

Post by CyberCrone »

Petko wrote:You've got it right! You can export a branch of the topic to new topic using File > Export > Selected documents to new MyInfo topic.
Thanks, Peko, but that isn't what I'm asking. I got this box when I created new topic. Underneath the box where you enter the name you want for the new topic, there was another box, and it said it was for something like (I wish I could remember the wording) another topic I wanted the new topic to be under. But since you didn't recognize this - and you wrote the program, after all! - I'm wondering if I actually selected something OTHER than 'new topic' to begin with. I bet that's what I did. Sigh. I'll go back and see what else is in the file menu and make some guesses.

Did that - nope, nothing else it could have been. This makes me feel crazy. I KNOW I saw that.