Linked documents

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
wsp

Linked documents

Post by wsp »

Petko, there is a problem with document links in the latest version of MyInfo that I have just noticed, and it is quite troubling, because it seriously interferes with my normal workflow.

My procedure has been to place all of my notes (i.e. documents) for a book in a single topic; then I created an outline of the book in a second document, using links to particular documents in the first one. When I was ready to start writing, I opened the two topics in vertically tiled windows and would write in a text editor on the right side of the screen.

Now, when I attempt to do that, clicking on one of the links in the outline topic will frequently call up an error message that I am attempting to use a locked topic, a second instance (locked) of the (notes) topic will appear on the screen, and I will lose the tiling. In other words, this system is no longer usable for me.

Can you reproduce this problem, and if so, can it be fixed?
Bill
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I've tried some tests, but could not reproduce it so far. Could you send a screenshot of your setup at support@milenix.com and give me the exact steps that lead to these errors?
wsp

Post by wsp »

Petko, sorry to have been so long in responding to your note. I cannot now reproduce the problem, so I assume it must have been some sort of fluke.
Bill