[fixed in 6.16b1665]Comments and Tags

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
bevanj

[fixed in 6.16b1665]Comments and Tags

Post by bevanj »

Following my installation of v6.09 (build 1248) I notice that I can no longer preview comments or tags, even though the relevant Attributes right click menu items have been checked.

The arrival of this problem following installation of Build 1248 may of course be merely coincidental and perhaps something else has happened.

Either way, I would appreciate your advice because I am a heavy user of the preview functionality.

Kind regards,
Bevan
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Could you tell me more about this problem? So you see the comment/tags preview columns, but when you move over the comment/tag icon for the document nothing appears? Or they are not visible at all?
bevanj

Post by bevanj »

Petko, I apologise for my delay in replying.

I see the comment/tags preview columns.
Nothing appears when I move over the comment/tag icon.
The comment/tag icons are both visible.

Kind regards,
Bevan
bevanj

Post by bevanj »

Hello Petko,

I am still unable to preview either notes or tags. I have been absent for a few weeks, so my progress has been slow. However, I have discovered that, using the same range of databases, the feature works as expected on my laptop (Vista SP2) but not on my desktop (Win 7 SP1). Both operating systems are 64 bit and MyInfo version is 6.11. All databases are affected.

I have also noticed that, when a database document is first first selected, moving over the selected comment opens the preview pane, but after that there is nothing.

This problem looks as though it may be peculiar to my desktop. If that is the case, do you have any suggestions as to steps I might take to identify the cause?

Kind regards,
Bevan
bevanj

Post by bevanj »

Hello Petko,

I can now add a bit more concerning this problem.

1. The Comment and Tag icons are both visible (I apologise for not answering this question properly in the first place).

2. The problem does not appear to be a display issue. Screen display is set to defaults and display adaptor (driver) software is up to date.

3. The Tree Pane appears to be the only area where the preview feature does not function as expected. For example, if I use any of the options in the filter pane, the Comment and Tag previews operate normally.

I hope these observations are of help to you.

Kind regards,
Bevan
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

bevanj wrote:3. The Tree Pane appears to be the only area where the preview feature does not function as expected. For example, if I use any of the options in the filter pane, the Comment and Tag previews operate normally.
Thanks for adding this information. I think it will be of a great help for fixing the issue.
bevanj

Post by bevanj »

Petko, I am still experiencing the problem referred to in this thread. Subsequent updates, including v6.15, have made no difference. Were you able to replicate the problem? If not, can you suggest some action I might take to identify what my system is doing to cause the problem?

Kind regards,
Bevan
bevanj

Post by bevanj »

Hello Petko,

I have now installed MyInfo Pro v6.16. Unfortunately, my inability to see Comments by moving over the Comments icon in the tree pane remains unresolved. The problem is an issue for me, as I pointed out in my first post on this subject. In the circumstances, since I cannot resolve the matter, I have reluctantly decided to abandon the software.

Thank you for your help in the past.

Bevan
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Please check your email.
bevanj

Post by bevanj »

Hello Petko,

Thank you for your off-forum advice. I have worked with the updated MyInfo Pro 6.16 for about a day and can say, with confidence, that the issue is now resolved. I am greatly pleased with this outcome because, since leaving askSam a few years ago, MyInfo is the application of choice for my particular purposes. I am glad that I can now continue to use the software and no longer need to consider alternatives.

I appreciate the effective manner in which you brought this issue to an end.

I will also reply to you directly.

Kind regards,
Bevan