New version?

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
Coolrat

New version?

Post by Coolrat »

Hi
I had heard some mention of a new release of MyInfo. When *might* we expect to see version 7?
Keep up the amazing work Petko,

R.A.
Coolrat

Post by Coolrat »

I'm really looking forward to a new version- it will be interesting to see the direction taken by this fast-developing program!
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Ray, it's too early to say what exactly will make it into MyInfo 7, but there will be a beta test in which you can participate, once the release is closer.
Coolrat

Post by Coolrat »

Hi Petko,
A new version will undoubtely bring some new and exciting changes. I really do hope you might be able to create a cross-platform version. I would like nothing more than to be able to switch back to Linux (again).
Good luck with development!! I'll be happy to participate in testing a new beta version!
Coolrat

Post by Coolrat »

With the new version, I do hope it will include
- a greatly improved web-clipping tool
- the ability to edit materials clipped from internet pages so we can remove ads, chop out useless info. UltraRecall has had this ability for quite some time. The Firefox plugin, Scrapbook also has this capability.
- cross-platform capability. Or at the very least, is optimized to run on Crossover / WINE on Linux.

I hope development is going smoothly!
TaoPhoenix

Post by TaoPhoenix »

My guess is there is another maintenance release due first, and it might be soon if the pace of the calendar is to be similar!