Export quit working

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
CyberCrone

Export quit working

Post by CyberCrone »

I have been exporting some topics using RTF and at first everything worked fine, got the document titles and the text in a Word file which I could then import to another program. But about the fourth or fifth time MyInfo failed to export more than a line or two from any topic I tried. I thought maybe the program had become corrupted, so I uninstalled and then installed a later version that I had forgotten to install anyway. Before installing the new version I deleted the MyInfo program folder (which uninstall doesn't remove) and even checked Regedit to be sure all traces of old version had been removed.

However, I continued to have the problem. So I decided maybe the problem is not in the program code, but in the topic files themselves. So I went back and tried to export again the topics I had successfully exported originally. This time they were truncated. So much for that theory.

Since I attempted to delete everything connected with the old installation, I am mystified. So where is this error hiding that it can carry over from one installation to a later one, despite deleting everything I could find connected with old version?
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Could you send one of the topics that are not exported properly at support@milenix.com, so I could test it?
CyberCrone

Post by CyberCrone »

Petko wrote:Could you send one of the topics that are not exported properly at support@milenix.com, so I could test it?
Thanks for speedy response, Petko. I just now fixed the problem. I believe what happened is that my first uninstall was not complete. I don't know where traces of the corruption were left, because I deleted everything I could find, but obviously they were lurking somewhere. So what I did was start over with another uninstall, checking everything as before, and then in an excess of caution I restarted my computer before installing new download of 6.15. Result: Export now works fine. :D