Cumbersome editing of document titles

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
Tester

Cumbersome editing of document titles

Post by Tester »

This post refers to the way the title of a document can be changed. To my mind this does not work so smooth as it could.

The Help File explains the edit of a document name as follows:
To edit a document title:

1. Select the document you want to edit, by clicking on its Documents field (the first field of the document row in the tree).

2. Click again on the document title or use the F2 shortcut.

The document title will change into an inplace text editor.

4. Type the new title of the document.

5. Press Enter or click on another document in the tree.
It would be easier if steps 1 and 2 could be put together. That means: A double click on the document title should open the inplace text editor (= highlight the title) so that I can type the new title.

The way as it works now is a little bit cumbersome (at least when working without shortcuts as I do): first the click on the little icon left of the document's title. Then moving with the mouse to the title itself in order to click there the second time. :?

Addition:
I have just found out that the double click as suggested above "theoretically" already works! But there is a practical problem: between the first and the second click (on the document title) you have to wait (2 seconds or so), otherwise the second click has no effect. ---> So please perhaps this delay can be eliminated so that the "click -wait - click" becomes a true double click? :wink: - Thanks!
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Renaming documents in MyInfo works like in most Windows programs that have a tree in the user interface: it requires a single click on the document title to rename it, if it is already focused. If it is not focused (or another user interface control like the text editor is active), then you need first to click on the document title in order to make it active.

One improvement in this area that I plan is to make the document title above the text editor editable, so you will be able just to click on the title and edit it there (will work only for the current document only, of course).
Tester

Post by Tester »

OK. I see.

Anyway, this is a good idea, I think:
Petko wrote: One improvement in this area that I plan is to make the document title above the text editor editable, so you will be able just to click on the title and edit it there (will work only for the current document only, of course).