[fixed in 6.20] Problem when changing the line spacing aft..

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
Tester

[fixed in 6.20] Problem when changing the line spacing aft..

Post by Tester »

Obviously a small bug:

Let's assume that I start with a document consisting of the following three lines (line spacing 1.5):

Later I decide to make an indent of the second line (using the button "Indent paragraph" of the toolbar). All works fine:

Finally I want to change the line spacing (for the whole document), let's say from 1.5 to 1 (Single).
For this purpose I select the whole document (Ctrl + A) and then I (try to) make the change via Format ---> Paragraph ---> Line spacing.

The result is that the whole document is "destroyed". Here you can see its appearance after having reduced the line spacing to 1:

It is absolutely certain that this has to do with the indent command.
Here the reason why:

Under Tools ---> Options ---> Editing there is the following formatting option:
"Set first- and left- indents with tabs and backspaces"

The box for this option by default is checked. I have it unchecked:

The unchecking means:
I can make a line going inside (to the right) by hitting the tab key on my keyboard without this inside movement being a "real" indent. I cannot explain it better but you will see in the following picture: The position marker of the ruler remains at the left margin, but the (second) line of the text has moved to the right.

And when producing the movement to the right in this way all works fine with the following change of the line spacing. The document remains intact after the change:

Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Thanks for noticing this. I will be fixed in the next release!