Portable MyInfo -- costs? benefits?

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
yoopits

Portable MyInfo -- costs? benefits?

Post by yoopits »

Until now, I have been using standard edition Myinfo rather than the portable edition on my desktop computer. Now I'm thinking of switching to Myinfo Portable even on my desktop computer. This won't be for the usual reason of carrying it around to many Windows computers. Rather, my concern is ease of migrating Myinfo when I upgrade my computer; or to reinstall Myinfo after I clean-install a new OS. I have two questions about this scenario.

1-- Is there any significant downside to everyday use of the portable edition as opposed to the standard-install edition?

2-- Is my premise for this switchover correct? That is, I believe that reinstalling Myinfo Portable with all of its settings and configurations intact is just a matter of copying Myinfo's files from one computer to the next (with relatively minor tweaking), so there isn't a big need for re-setting options and re-configuring after reinstalling. Is this true?
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

yoopits wrote:1-- Is there any significant downside to everyday use of the portable edition as opposed to the standard-install edition?
I can't think of any, except that Send To MyInfo plugins will only work when MyInfo is already started.