checkboxes

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
wsp

checkboxes

Post by wsp »

For a project in which I need to indicate whether individual items are completed, I am using a custom attribute called "Done" with a dropdown "yes" and "no." I would prefer to use a checkbox icon in that column, but I'm not sure whether it's possible to search on that attribute. At the moment I can easily search "custom:yes" or "custom:no". Is there a comparable way for searching for checked and unchecked icons in the search box?
Bill
pjmiller

Post by pjmiller »

Yes indeed there is. If your attribute is a checkbox then the checkbox evaluates to either 'True' or 'False' depending on whether it is ticked or not. But it's even simpler than that because if you select an attribute with a checkbox when editing your filter then the checkbox comes up in the filter too.

:D
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I am afraid, that currently you can search for Yes/No attribute values only using the filter pane..
wsp

Post by wsp »

Thanks to both of you. That is what I had suspected. I know how to create and use filters, but I tend to avoid them and use the search box whenever possible. Though the filters are very powerful, they don't seem to work well with quick, spontaneous searches.
Bill