Looking to add a search box on the website version

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
Tester

Looking to add a search box on the website version

Post by Tester »

My question is quite general. It refers to the website version of a topic (MyInfo Professional).

I would be interested in adding a search box (with autocomplete) on the website: By typing a document title (or its first letters) this document should appear in a list of search results.

In the Internet you can find numerous jQuery plugins for creating such a search box. For example here:
http://www.designyourway.net/drb/neat-j ... -20-items/

I would simply like to know if it is in general possible to realize this when having created a website with MyInfo.

The Instructions-Document of MyInfo says:
MyInfo applies the contents of the .include files to the appropriate places in the generated web site and copies all files and subfolders from this folder (...) to the root folder of the web site. This allows you to include additional content to the site like [...] scripts, etc.
[...]
"user.js" - Default place for user supplied JavaScript scripts.
[...]
user.js
You can place your JavaScript scripts here. [....]
So I would like to know if this applies also to the possibility of adding a search box plugin with a script. It's not necessary to give me detailed instructions how to do it. I will try (at least) to find this out by myself. But starting to learn more about it makes only sense if such an implementation is technically possible at all.
mirceglavni

Post by mirceglavni »

I think this would be a great idea! Snap2HTML, an app for catalouging contents of disks, produces HTML files with a search option. It filters the results as you type (although no autocompletition as far as I have seen). Sadly, I am a "tabula rasa" regarding any sort of programming, so I am not sure if this approach is applicable regarding MyInfo.
(BTW Snap2HTML is freeware).
But a search option in the exported web-site would be a killer feature!