Ubuntu 12.04.4 64 bit bug

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
CrazyCorner1

Ubuntu 12.04.4 64 bit bug

Post by CrazyCorner1 »

I recently had to move to a 64 bit AMD A4 computer running Ubuntu 12.04.4 64bit. After installing wine 1.4, I Made the library change adding gdiplus. I am, however, getting the "abnormal program termination" as a result. I have the most recent MyInfo 6.31. MyInfo had worked previously running 12.04 Ubuntu 32 bit with wine 1.4 on an older computer.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?

PS. Have been through multiple uninstall/reinstall cycles.

Forgot. This is the pro version MyInfo

Additional info posted:

MyInfo pro 6.31 will open one time after a clean install of Ubuntu/wine/Myinfo. On open I've closed the tutorial screen and then close without creating a new file or opening an old file. This is when trying to open MyInfo starts returning the "abnormal program termination" message. I have not tryed to work around by trying to start or open a file or letting the tutorial remain active on opening.

Did last test I know. Left the tutorial active, started and saved a new file. On re-opening MyInfo got the "abnormal program termination" message.

Any one with an idea?
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I will install a 64-bit version of Ubuntu and test what could be the problem in the next few days.
CrazyCorner1

Post by CrazyCorner1 »

Thank you. I look forward to your ideas.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I've installed Ubuntu 12.04.4 64-bit on a virtual machine, then installed Wine 1.4 and MyInfo Professional there. First time, I started it, it displayed the "abnormal program termination" message as expected. Then I followed the instructions here, adding the gdiplus library and it stars fine now:
http://blog.milenix.com/myinfo-on-mac-and-linux/

Either "native" or "native, builtin" works for me..
CrazyCorner1

Post by CrazyCorner1 »

I followed those instructions. On a clean install it would work the first time opening. After that it was back to the "abnormal termination" message. 32 bit works fine in opening on my older machine. Has anyone else had a problem with 64 bit AMD A4 on an MSI board?
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Unfortunately our machines are Intel-based, so I can't test it under AMD, but I am skeptical that the hardware is to blame. Do you have any other library overrides in Wine?
CrazyCorner1

Post by CrazyCorner1 »

None. Only the one for MyInfo.
CrazyCorner1

Post by CrazyCorner1 »

It looks like I'm the only one with this issue. :(
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Probably I can find which DLL is causing your problem, if you can do the following:

1. Open Terminal
2. Perform: cd ~/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Milenix/MyInfo\ 6
3. Perform: WINEDEBUG=+relay,+seh,+tid wine MyInfo.exe >> /tmp/output.txt 2>&1
4. When the error message appear, click the OK button
5. Send the output.txt from the tmp directory to support@milenix.com
CrazyCorner1

Post by CrazyCorner1 »

I have done as you requested. I sent the e-mail to your support address. The file was to big for yahoo to send through as an attachment. They required I save it to Dropbox. I hope this does not pose a problem. Let me know if it does. I also hope this gives you the info you need to find out what is wrong.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

It seems that this problem is introduced in the new versions of Wine (1.6 and above). Everything works as expected with Wine 1.4, but once I upgrade to 1.6 I get the same problem.

There is a bug report filled for that, so hopefully they will fix it:
http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=34356

Until then, probably reverting back to Wine 1.4 will resolve the problem.
CrazyCorner1

Post by CrazyCorner1 »

I'm honestly not try to cause more problems. Having done a fresh install of wine 1.4.1 and a fresh install of MyInfo gives me the same results. I guess I just have to wait and hope wine's fix comes soon and does the trick.

* I even copied an older version from wine 1.4 of gdiplus from a 32 bit machine to the new one no luck.
Last edited by CrazyCorner1 on Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CrazyCorner1

Post by CrazyCorner1 »

I forgot to say thanks for the time you've put into helping.
Sisyfos

Post by Sisyfos »

Petko,
I have the same problem with my laptop, (Intel i5) running Linux Mint 17 64-bit and Wine 1.6.2, getting "abnormal program termination".
However, using the same OS (but 32-bit) and Wine 1.6.2 on my Samsung N210plus netbook with an Intel Atom N450 processor it works flawlessly. I have the same library overrides on both machines. I don't know if this sheds some light, but I hope it is of some help.

Best regards,
CrazyCorner1

Post by CrazyCorner1 »

Okay, it looks like we're back to a 64 bit problem, not a version problem with WINE.