MyInfo actually has no tabs!?

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
uzzer

MyInfo actually has no tabs!?

Post by uzzer »

Just purchased my license for MyInfo, cheerful and high-spirited started manually importing my TreeDBNotes and then, all of a sudden, to my shock and amazement, did I realize that MyInfo actually does not have tabs!

Correct me if I am wrong, please, cause I was just reborn to think my pains with TreeDBNotes were over once and for all...

What appears to be tabs, are actually distinct files displayed as tabs within the same window. It is not one single file with tabs in it (just like it is on TreeDBNotes). :( I feel so broken and disappointed. :(
Tester

Post by Tester »

I fear you are right, uzzer. At the moment there are no tabs (for documents) in MyInfo.

I assume you mean the same feature that I have suggested in another posting:

http://forums.milenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4607

Let's hope that it will be realized in one of the future versions. :wink:
uzzer

Post by uzzer »

I cannot realize how this is even possible... I mean having tabs inside a file is so normal and logical, and having tabs just put together different files under one interface seems so bizarre to me as an approach... Well, maybe the developer had in mind something similar to the sessions in browsers...
Tester

Post by Tester »

uzzer wrote:and having tabs just put together different files under one interface seems so bizarre to me as an approach...
I don't think that these tabs are so bad because there may be situations where you need a comfortable possibility to switch between different files. But of course this applies for different documents within the same file too.

So it would be a fine solution if the user could choose if he wants tabs to be displayed at all, and if yes, which type: for files or for documents within the opened file or both.
pjmiller

Post by pjmiller »

I think it would be nicer if I could choose to have tabs for different files or to have different files open in separate windows. There are circumstances where I would like two instances of MyInfo open on different screens to make it convenient to drag documents between the two. There doesn't seem to be a way to do this.

For normal use I have no problem with tabs representing different files. If you want several documents open at once and to switch between them (which is what I assume you want tabs for) you could use the 'open in new window' button. The only disadvantage to that is that the document is not editable in the new window.

The new windows can be placed on a second screen (if you have two monitors).
uzzer

Post by uzzer »

If you want several documents open at once and to switch between them (which is what I assume you want tabs for)
- nope, I just want tabs contained into a single file - just like in TreeDDBnotes or KeyNote...
darla

Post by darla »

I make heavy use of tags. I agree with the suggestions wsp and coolrat made in their posts.