Trouble Pasting

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
Steven S

Trouble Pasting

Post by Steven S »

I’ve just purchased MyInfo Standard, and am encountering difficulty pasting content into documents. Specifically, I’m unable to paste:

URLs copied from Firefox’s address bar
Text copied from a web page in Firefox
Text copied from a text editor

I am unable to paste regardless of whether I:

Press Ctrl-V
Press Ctrl-Sh-V
Select Paste from the document context menu
Select Edit | Paste, Edit | Paste Advanced | Paste Special (either Unformatted or Destination), or Paste, Edit | Paste Advanced | Past Text

I can paste from MyInfo document to document, from MS Word, and from pdfs.

Any advice?

Thanks,

Steven
Tester

Post by Tester »

It is not a very original suggestion but as I have no better idea and there are no other advices:

You could uninstall and reinstall MyInfo in order to see if it works then.

And something else:
In case that you use a special clipboard manager for copying/pasting: deactivate it temporarily and test if pasting will succeed afterwards.
Steven S

Post by Steven S »

Tester wrote:It is not a very original suggestion but as I have no better idea and there are no other advices:

You could uninstall and reinstall MyInfo in order to see if it works then.

And something else:
In case that you use a special clipboard manager for copying/pasting: deactivate it temporarily and test if pasting will succeed afterwards.
Thanks for the response. No, I don't have any special clipboard manager installed. I suppose I could un/re-install, but I'm not terribly confident that that will resolve the problem.

Regards,

Steven
Steven S

Post by Steven S »

Solved.

Webroot SecureAnywhere's identity protection service denies copy and pasting from applications it thinks may have sensitive data -- like MyInfo. Instructions for enabling copy and pasting can be found at (in case anybody else asks):

http://www5.nohold.net/Webroot/Loginr.a ... text=paste
"You are not able to Copy or Paste".

Basically, all you have to do is tell Webroot to enable copy and posting for MyInfo.

Easy. Thanks to Petko for coming up with the solution.

Steven
Coolrat

Post by Coolrat »

Wow..
That is exactly the same problem I was having last year. I thought it was because my Windows 7 installation was corrupted. I was using Webroot too and had very similar problems but was never able to find a solution. I am now running Win 8.1 with Classic Shell (faster than Win 7) and no longer use Webroot. MyInfo works perfectly.

Thanks for posting your experience and I hope others will be able to find this fix.