Unable to change document title style

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
CyberCrone

Unable to change document title style

Post by CyberCrone »

I can't change the style of document title, it stays at Ariel 10 point, while style selection box stays blank. I've tried over and over to reset style and it just doesn't work. I can't even change the font for individual titles, never mind about style setting. I even tried uninstalling My Info and reinstalling, I went back to earlier versions of My Info, nothing changes this. This problem has propagated to new version 6.34 as well. I thought maybe somehow the error got embedded in my topics so I started over with new installation of My Info and brand new topic and STILL can't change the style. I have wondered if some other program I am running causes this -- I have had the problem of one program interfering with another in the past, but don't know how to look for it as I don't have a clue what it's likely to be. Has anyone else had this problem? I wrote to Petko directly about this but haven't heard back from him.
Tester

Post by Tester »

As far as I have tried it now, I can confirm your observations. I could not manage too a change of the style of the document title (the one that appears above the editor pane).

I assume that currently there is no possibility to change the style there. ("Document Title" in the list under Format ---> Styles seems to refer only to the formatting within the document: you can define this style in the way you like [colour, font size etc.] and it will be displayed in that way when you choose the style "Document Title" within the editor pane.)

But as I am satisfied with the default appearance of the document title I never studied in depth this matter. So may be that I simple handled it in a wrong way when testing it now. Perhaps other users with more experience than me can give you better information.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I think CyberCrone is referring to the fact that you can't use styles for document headings in the tree. This is correct. Currently, you can change the appearance of these headings by using the font name, font size, font color and font effect tools on the toolbar, but not using the font style tool.
Tester

Post by Tester »

I assume that with the document headings in the tree CyberCrone is satisfied yet, as we have discussed a special case of changing their appearance already here: http://forums.milenix.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4601

As you can modify their appearance (in the tree) permanently via Tools ---> Options ---> Display, isn't that in effect the same like determining a style for them?

The only place for which I could not find a possibility to change font, font size, colour etc. of the document title is above the editor pane: