Windows 10

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
wsp

Windows 10

Post by wsp »

Has anyone tried MyInfo on Windows 10 yet? Any problems?
Bill
bevanj

Post by bevanj »

I successfully installed Win 10 Pro yesterday. Alas! Today I cannot get MyInfo to display on screen. Task Manager reports the program running as a Background Process, but I have no user interface.

I uninstalled and reinstalled MyInfo, but that action did not resolve the issue.

I am (or was) running MyInfo Pro v6.33. However, I note that the latest version of the trial program is v6.4. It may be that this version will resolve my problem but I do not have it and cannot download it in the usual manner (by using the last email advice - for v6.33 in my case). At the moment I am stuck.

Petko, if v6.34 is the answer for me, I would appreciate access to the upgrade. Should that not be the case, I would appreciate your advice on what I might do to rectify the problem.

Kind regards,
Bevan
bevanj

Post by bevanj »

Sorry guys, I should have provided some more detail. :cry:

I am not running multiple monitors. v6.33 runs well on my Win 8.1 machine, as does the portable version of the software. Neither version, however, will open the user interface on my Win 10 machine. There is no data corruption.

I also ran SFC /scannow on the Win 10 machine. No problems were reported.

Kind regards.
Bevan
bevanj

Post by bevanj »

Sigh. This is embarrassing. :oops:

I have now identified the cause of the problem. I have a Dell 27" monitor with which I was running Dell Display Manager (DDM1586). When I disabled the app, MyInfo immediately ran correctly in the usual manner. The Dell software is configured for Windows 10 Preview, so perhaps it needs further updating.

Bill and Petko, I apologise for suggesting there might be a problem with Win 10 and MyInfo. The problem was specific to my setup and not a MyInfo problem at all.

Kind regards,
Bevan
wsp

Post by wsp »

Thanks, Bevan, for your report. Please keep us posted if you have any other problems with MyInfo in Windows 10.

I'm away from home this summer and will probably not upgrade to Windows 10 until the autumn.
Bill