Search Questions

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
PIMfan

Search Questions

Post by PIMfan »

I'm running a trial copy of MyInfo (6.35 3912) to check out its feature set. In doing some testing of the search function, I'm confused by some of the behavior I'm seeing (see attached screenshot). I entered a search using a NEAR/5 condition as noted in the documentation.

1) I would expect to see search highlights for the results matching the search query I entered. But instead, the search highlights are on ALL instances of any keywords used in the query. In the attached example, I would expect to only see highlights on the words Defender and Fire where they are within 5 words of each other.

2) I specified NEAR/5 as a query condition, and the search results highlighted include the number 5! This is a search condition parameter and not a search query term, so it shouldn't be highlighted.

As a newbie, maybe I'm doing something wrong?
Attachments
2016-06-19 12_23_43-ASLRB - MyInfo.png
2016-06-19 12_23_43-ASLRB - MyInfo.png (169.67 KiB) Viewed 1928 times
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

You are doing it right, but the search highlighting is limited at the moment and this is why it highlights things it shouldn't. This will certainly be improved in MyInfo 7, but I don't think the fix will be available in MyInfo 6.x.