Re-installatiom

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
Willem

Re-installatiom

Post by Willem »

Dear Petko,
As a long term user (dec 2002!) I want to start with compliments about your product. I use it a lot and rely on it for all of my personal information. I alraedy moved it several times to a new PC without problems, but this time I encounter one that I cannot solve.
I had to clone the files and programs of my old PC to the new one and most of the programs work fine now. But with MyInfo 6.3.5, after launching, an error message appeared (scrprnt attached) and keeps showing and I cannot open any file anymore. And so I cannot use the stored information.
I tried to reinstall in the way I am used to do with a new version of MyInfo, but that didn't work. So I uninstalled the program and re-installed it,, but the problem remaind. Manually removing the Milenix folder before re-installing didn't help either.
For some programs I had to re-enter a license key (f.i. Windows 7 SP1; MS Office 2010), but as far as I know MyInfo doesn't work in that way.
Can you get me out of this?
Thanks in advance.
Willem
Attachments
MyInfo error.jpg
MyInfo error.jpg (13.62 KiB) Viewed 2366 times
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

It sounds more like a folder permission problem. MyInfo tries to create these temp files in:
C:\Users\[Windows user name]\AppData\Local\Temp\MyInfo Temp\Topics

Maybe your current Windows user does not own or has no write permission to the Temp folder?
Willem

Post by Willem »

Dear Petko,
Thanks for your reply.
You showed me the right direction to find the solution.
In the cloning process I forgot to adjust the settings for the System TEMP and TMP directories.
Now that's done, everything works fine again.
Sincerely,
Willem