remote desktop - usability & Licensing

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
fednot

remote desktop - usability & Licensing

Post by fednot »

Hi,

Our company is moving from AskSam to MyInfo because we're moving to Windows10 and AsksSam doesn't work on W10.

Currently under trial version, we did a db export/import from AskSam to MyInfo and it was very well explained in the docs of MyInfo and everything went very smoothly.

Our problem is that MyInfo works very fast for search and editing, but very slow for saving (10 minutes for saving).
I think it might be because the MyInfo database is not locally on the users workstation but on a network share.
Currrently only 1 user is using the application but it will go up to 4-5 users.

My question is; Can I install MyInfo on a server (2012 or 2016) that will be accessed by the users trough remote desktop? This way the application and the database are local on the server and it should interact more quickly.
But then i don't know how the licensing will be. Since there will be only a single installation of MyInfo on the server.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

MyInfo is licensed per person using it, so you probaly will need license for each user on the server. You can write at support@milenix.com for more details.