Filter Notes

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
singlark

Filter Notes

Post by singlark »

In version 7 (6238) Portable, I have opened up the Open Source Cookbook. I have enabled the vegan and vegetarian columns. After filtering either vegan or vegetarian, I then click on the x clear filter notes but nothing happens. The filter still remains. Am I doing something wrong or not using the clear filter button properly? Also, if for example I type Vegan, I would think that many entries with the box checked in the Vegan column would be shown; however, only a few are filtered and shown.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

The filter above the note list is intended for further refining the list of displayed notes, which are already filtered, because you clicked on one of the Vegetarian or Vegan perspectives in the cookbook. You can click Main to return to the full note list.

P.S.: You can experiment with the quick filter by typing part of the title of one of the notes in the section and see how it hides the rest of the notes.
singlark

Post by singlark »

OK. I got it. What I should have been doing was creating a new List perspective with a rule on the Vegan attribute i.e. Vegan is true. Unfortunately, I've been unable to duplicate the access violation error that I sent you. I removed the corrupted Cookbook file and opened up a clean copy.

The only issue I have now is that after I customize the new List perspective, the new perspective is not shown in the Section area until I click on the Main perspective and then click again on the new List perspective. After doing this, the new perspective displays.

Is this clear what I'm trying to explain?
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Yes, it is an issue that will be fixed ASAP.