MyInfo 7 - Working on the cloud

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
alexsaramin

MyInfo 7 - Working on the cloud

Post by alexsaramin »

Hi Petko,
I use MyInfo 7 on two PCs. What do you recommend:
  • working on local notebook files (i.e c:\Users\User Name\Documents\MyInfo Notebooks\) and set the autobackup to a Dropbox folder, or
  • create the notebook directly on dropbox and working directly on it. Set the auto-backup to a local folder
  • create the notebook directly on dropbox and working directly on it. Set the auto-backup to a dropbox folder
Of course, working directly on Dropbox is simpler and quicker if I use regularly more than on pc, but the dropbox icon show constant updates when I do.
It the probability of data corruption low enough to work securely on Dropbox, or do you recommend working on an offline directory?

Thank you very much,
Alex
alexsaramin

Post by alexsaramin »

Hi Petko,
any news on this?

Thanks,
Alex
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I think that setting your Notebooks location to a Dropbox folder and leaving the backup on the local PC is the best way to do it. MyInfo makes small changes each time you click on a note (locking it for editing), but these changes are synced very fast by Dropbox, because it only syncs the part of the file that was changed.

MyInfo 7 files are complex though, so your mileage may vary, but you can give it a try and see how it goes.
alexsaramin

Post by alexsaramin »

Thanks!
Alex