CPU usage

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
Jon

CPU usage

Post by Jon »

On my computer, the amount of memory used by 7 is much higher than 6. I understand why this happens. Starting MyInfo 7 with no databases immediately uses about 120000MB. Loading a small database takes this to 132000MB. Using the database (navigating, editing, searching) steadily increases the memory used and it does not seem to get released. Within 45 minutes it is just over 200000MB.

At what point will this become problematic or is this acceptable behavior?

Thank you.

Jon
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

There is a memory leak when browsing notes, which will be fixed in the next update. So it should stay under 150 MB for this database.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

You can try MyInfo 7.0.3 (build 6315) and see how it uses much less memory when switching between notes.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Wow. Indeed, it is much improved. On startup and loading the same file, it is using about 55MB. A huge improvement. But it still does not release memory because after only navigation memory usage continues to climb. After about 15 minutes of experimentation, it topped 200MB. I have not tried editing and clipping extensively (yet), but I have noticed a smaller but steady increase.

Thank you.

Jon