font appearance in MyInfo 7

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
wsp

font appearance in MyInfo 7

Post by wsp »

My usual font is Georgia, and I notice that in MyInfo 7 it looks rather gray and washed-out. (That's not true in MyInfo 6, by the way.) I've compared it with texts in Georgia in other programs, and what I'm seeing on the screen in MyInfo is definitely more grayish. I've also experimented with other fonts in MyInfo but with the same results. Petko, will you eventually be able to solve this problem? (I realize you have other things on your mind right now.)
Bill
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I suspect that you are talking about the fonts in the text editor? The new text editor is based on Chromium, which unfortunately has such issues on non-HDPI monitors (that was always so, but they did that late in the development of MyInfo 7). Currently I don't know what could be done about it, as it is not in our control, but I am monitoring the situation.

Probably there are some other fonts that should work better?
wsp

Post by wsp »

Yes, the text editor. I've experimented with other fonts, but they're not much better. My temporary solution is just to enlarge the text area to about 110%. I'm glad you're at least aware of the problem.
Bill