[confirmed] pasting from other apps (version 7)

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
wsp

[confirmed] pasting from other apps (version 7)

Post by wsp »

I am getting inconsistent results when I paste text from other apps. In every instance, the paragraph style shows as "Normal," but there are one or more aspects of the pasted text that differ from the "Normal" style. The three apps that I used for this experiment were Evernote, Cintanotes, and Word.

Evernote: Left margin is shifted to the far left.(For the "Normal" style in MyInfo, I have specified a left indent of 15 points.)

Cintanotes: Again, a shift to the left; background is rendered as white rather than my usual cream color.

Word: Shift to the left; line spacing has changed; font size has changed.

In all three instances, the pasted text comes in as "Normal." Of course I can avoid these problems by inserting text with control-shift-v rather than just control-v, but then I have do manual reformatting (such as the insertion of links).
Bill
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Bill, I've tried it with a normal Word text and it behaves as you describe it. I've studied the Word HTML in the Clipboard and it seems that it has set explicit left/right line indents, which override your Normal style settings.

The other two applications do not add such information, but still MyInfo (both 6 and 7) do not paste them properly right now. I will look into it.