[fixed] Lagging Scroll Functionality

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
Eddie T

[fixed] Lagging Scroll Functionality

Post by Eddie T »

Does anyone else have a lag when scrolling through the file tree? I'm running 7.0.6 on a Windows 10 machine with 16gigs of RAM. I've restarted, opened only MyInfo and same thing. I'm not seeing this with any other programs on my machine. Notes scroll perfectly. It's just the tree.
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

Some more information would help to identify the issue. Is it a large section (many notes/ count) and are multiple columns/attributes active or not.

It can be slowish under certain conditions for sure
Eddie T

Post by Eddie T »

I have 171 notes in it with only the Title displaying.

Inside the editing pane, the note scrolls as expected. In the tree, it has a "choppy" scroll. I don't know how to explain it better. I'm not sitting in my chair twiddling my thumbs as it lags. It isn't that bad. But it is very noticeable. If I grab the slider bar, it slides the tree up and down as you would expect.
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

I'm not able to access.. It slow for me, but running Windows 8. Which has a slow scroll flaw anyhow. Not noticing any lag. Except if enabling multiple (2/3) tree attributes.. (which shouldn't happen either there could be a relation)..

Let's wait for Petko
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Does it happen only the first time you scroll through some notes, or even the subsequent scrolls through the same notes too?
Eddie T

Post by Eddie T »

Subsequent both. I've toggled tags on and off hoping it might cause the RAM to refresh for some reason. Started and restarted my machine several times (I'm good about this because I take my computer to and from work and always shutdown, not sleep).

And to be clear again, in the note itself, scrolling is just like you would expect. It's only in the tree that this behavior is occuring.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I've done some work in the scrolling area and it should be much faster in the upcoming MyInfo 7.0.7.
Eddie T

Post by Eddie T »

Excellent. Could it be because the source files were MyInfo 6 files originally? Maybe I didn't import them correctly?
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

No, it has nothing to do with the content of the notebook. The code that draws the items in the tree was not optimized, which caused the lag.

It should be much smoother in MyInfo 7.0.7.

P.S.: There is still some lag when you scroll for the first time through notes, because they are loaded on demand and not when you initially open the file. However, once loaded, scrolling should be a breeze.
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

Nice improvement :D