Attachments

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
Jon

Attachments

Post by Jon »

Continuing to test version 7 but relying on 6 for work. With 7.07, I installed a fresh copy, created a new copy and added 7 notes to the topic. Being able to attach large files is important for me and I wanted to test 7's capabilities. Version 7 now accommodates attachments up to 100MB, so I chose to attach one that was 94MB. An error message popped up saying that only files of up to 100MB are allowed (or words to that effect). OK, I thought - maybe it was too close to or over the limit. I selected other files in the following order and got the same message.
86MB
71MB
37MB
31MB

I stopped there because it was clear that something is wrong.

What is going on?

Jon
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

100 MB is the limit of the total note size. Is it possible that you try to import the attachment in an already large note (you can see its Size in the Attributes pane)? If not, it is possible that the files you try to attach are open in another application (for example PDF files open elsewhere)?
Jon

Post by Jon »

The files are just text. Very small. None of the files I attempted to attach were open elsewhere. Perhaps the first file I attempted to attach which was a few MB shy of the 100MB limit, was seen as too large (depends how MyInfo measures the file size). Maybe this "fooled" MInfo on subsequent attempts with increasingly smaller files?

Jon
Jon

Post by Jon »

Problem solved, I think. Rebooted my computer and attachments are now accepted. Even the largest one. So unless something else is going on, I think all is fine.

By the way, the improvements to performance are very noticeable.

Thank you Petko.

Jon