[fixed] importing from Evernote

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
wsp

[fixed] importing from Evernote

Post by wsp »

Lately I've been experimenting with pasting notes from Evernote into Myinfo 7, and for the most part I'm happy with the results. MyInfo converts the note to my default Normal style and retains italics, boldface, and links. But there is one problem I can't overcome: the text is shifted to the far left of the note: i.e., it ignores one aspect of my Normal style in MyInfo (left margin of 15 pts). I can of course insert the note with ctrl-shift-v, and that takes care of the left margin problem, but then I have to deal with italics, boldface, and links manually -- which can be time-consuming.

In a perfect world I'd love to have an automatic conversion of a full Evernote notebook into a MyInfo notebook, but since no such conversion process exists (as far as I know), I would at least like to be able to import individual notes from Evernote without constantly struggling with the left margin.
Bill
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

wsp wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:42 pm Lately I've been experimenting with pasting notes from Evernote into Myinfo 7, and for the most part I'm happy with the results. MyInfo converts the note to my default Normal style and retains italics, boldface, and links. But there is one problem I can't overcome: the text is shifted to the far left of the note: i.e., it ignores one aspect of my Normal style in MyInfo (left margin of 15 pts). I can of course insert the note with ctrl-shift-v, and that takes care of the left margin problem, but then I have to deal with italics, boldface, and links manually -- which can be time-consuming.

In a perfect world I'd love to have an automatic conversion of a full Evernote notebook into a MyInfo notebook, but since no such conversion process exists (as far as I know), I would at least like to be able to import individual notes from Evernote without constantly struggling with the left margin.
An import feature/plugin would indeed be nice :-).
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

PS: would also like a plugin for importing from OneNote web to MyInfo.
wsp

Post by wsp »

Yes, I fantasize too about an ability to import entire notebooks from apps like OneNote and Evernote. But meanwhile I'd just like to be able to copy individual notes from other apps without being driven crazy by inconsistent formatting. I notice that MS Word has one particular command that would be ideal in MyInfo: "merge formatting" is one of the choices for pasting.
Bill
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

It should be fixed in MyInfo 7.0.7 (build 6578).
wsp

Post by wsp »

That was speedy! Wonderful. Thanks very much.
Bill