Export limits (MyInfo 7)

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
wsp

Export limits (MyInfo 7)

Post by wsp »

I've been doing some experiments to see whether I can export a large group of notes that I want to be able to consult on my iPhone occasionally. There are approximately 5400 notes, all extremely short and almost no images. (They are in fact a group of bibliographical references that I have accumulated for various projects over the years.)

I have tried to export them in text, RTF, and HTML formats, but in each case MyInfo froze. I suppose I could break them down into several sections but would rather not do that if I can avoid it. Is there any other solution?
Bill
wsp

Post by wsp »

Some more experiments today. I moved a group of notes (family history) into a separate section -- about 1500 notes this time-- and then tried to export it into RTF, HTML, and plain text files. Once more all of those files froze as I attempted to create them. On the other hand, I was able to export a website.

I would be curious about the experiences of others in trying to export notes.
Bill
scooterg

Post by scooterg »

I don't seem to have any problems exporting documents. It may depend on how much memory you have. I have quite a bit. I also use SSD and NVMe drives and not regular hard drives. They are much faster and more reliable. I am also using an I7 processor. I think these things have something to do with any program you run.
lbw2112

Post by lbw2112 »

I export weekly to RTF and Treepad format, but it's only around 2000 notes at the moment. Most around a regular page size and around a hundred have images in them.

I'm not experiencing any freezing up yet.
wsp

Post by wsp »

Thanks to both of you. I clearly need to do some more tests. My computer, incidentally, is a Surface Pro 6, fairly new. I've not had any problems before with other apps.
Bill
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

wsp wrote: Sat Oct 03, 2020 1:01 pm Thanks to both of you. I clearly need to do some more tests. My computer, incidentally, is a Surface Pro 6, fairly new. I've not had any problems before with other apps.
So the progress bar (in status bar; view -> Status bar) doesn't move and the window become unresponsive? And does this happen at the start of after a while? My export ended with crash reporter error which took a "while" to appear with 10 notes.. Not sure what would happen if it crash reporter needs to iterate 4500 notes (pure speculation)