Filter Titles

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
sjaves

Filter Titles

Post by sjaves »

I have imported a folder of 180 pdf files into version 7.0.7. The file name / title format is MM-DD-YYYY.pdf
I can not find a way to filter the column by year (files ending in -2020).

Can this be done?
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

You can filter them by typing title:2020 and it will show only notes containing 2020 in the title.
sjaves

Post by sjaves »

D'OH! I thought I had tried that....
Thanks.

Another question, I hope it's not as clueless as my last one; How do I filter for files beginning with "01" only?
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

If you are asking about the titles: it is the same, just type title:01 and it will filter only titles beginning with that.
sjaves

Post by sjaves »

Not finding text in titles.
I have version 7.3
The PDF files imported into Myinfo have date titles in the format MM_DD_YYYY.PDF

Quick filter only finds results that match the search string in order, such as "01_" will find files matching this beginning, but not files ending in "2020."

Global search has the same problem.

I have entered "title:2020" and receive no results.

What am I doing wrong?
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

sjaves wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:56 pm Not finding text in titles.
I have version 7.3
The PDF files imported into Myinfo have date titles in the format MM_DD_YYYY.PDF

Quick filter only finds results that match the search string in order, such as "01_" will find files matching this beginning, but not files ending in "2020."

Global search has the same problem.

I have entered "title:2020" and receive no results.

What am I doing wrong?
You're doing nothing wrong. It's not working as expected. Same/or similar at viewtopic.php?p=15295
JohnMitchell

Post by JohnMitchell »

sjavese wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2478 5:11 pm I have imported a folder of 180 pdf files into version 7.0.7. The file name / title format is MM-DD-YYYY.pdf
I can not find a way to filter the column by year (files ending in -2020).

Can this be done?

Assuming that you have imported the PDF files into a document management system or a similar application, you should be able to filter the file name / title column by year by using the search or filter function. Here's how you can do it:

Open the application where you have imported the PDF files.
Go to the file name / title column, and look for the search or filter function. This is usually represented by a magnifying glass icon or a filter icon.
Click on the search or filter function to open the search or filter dialog box.
In the search or filter dialog box, type "-2020" (without the quotes) in the search or filter field. This will filter the file name / title column to show only the files ending with "-2020".
You should now be able to see only the files ending in "-2020" in the file name / title column.
If your document management system or application does not have a search or filter function, you may need to manually sort the file name / title column by year. You can usually do this by clicking on the column header to sort the files by name, and then manually selecting the files ending in "-2020".