[added] URL attribute

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
Jon

[added] URL attribute

Post by Jon »

I have always wondered how this works but never asked (from version 6 and now 7). In other programs when clipping from a source, this field is automatically populated with the url or sometimes the uri (but this is rare). So in MyInfo when clipping from the web, I would expect this field to show the web address of the source. I can copy the address to the field, but that is an additional step and cumbersome when conducting research. Maybe I am doing something wrong. Can someone please explain?

Thank you.

Jon
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

This isn't implemented (yet) as far I now
Jon

Post by Jon »

Thank you. It was working (or not) this way in version 6. One would think that it would have been implemented back then. This is why I think there is some way to use this field that we are not aware of. Other than pasting the url - I hope.

Jon
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

This attribute is used for bookmarks and stored web pages (so you can update the stored web page from the original URL). It is not intended to be used for web snippet source URL. In fact, it is not used by MyInfo for other notes except these using Bookmark and External Document templates.

That being said, if there is interest in such thing, I could add a Source URL attribute which can be automatically filled when creating notes from web snippets.
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

I do think it's interesting..only not sure when this should happen; not sure if this should be default IMHO
Jon

Post by Jon »

Telesto, what Petko is proposing is the addition of a new attribute, Source URL, that would be populated when clipping from the web. It would be automatic (don't know why someone would want it optionally).

Yes Petko, please add this.

EDIT: Another thought. While you are adding "Source URL" could you consider "Web Page Title" or "Source Title" or some other name that would capture the title of the web page?

Jon
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Added in MyInfo 7.1.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Thank you!

Jon
SelmaAdam

Post by SelmaAdam »

Been using MyInfo7.1 and works perfectly.