[added] Document content in perspectives

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
Jon

[added] Document content in perspectives

Post by Jon »

In version 6 we were able to filter on specific document content, but not yet in version 7. The lack of this makes 7 harder for me to use. Yes, I know that there is a separate search facility but it is not the same. In 6, I could filter on document content, and select multiple documents for further action (printing, tagging, etc.). This has become cumbersome in 7.

Petko has said this will be added, but I wonder when? Also sorely missing are document windows (or even better, the ability to edit in the windows - something that 6 could not do.

Thank you.

Jon
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

Jon wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 2:35 pm Petko has said this will be added, but I wonder when?
Also sorely missing are document windows (or even better, the ability to edit in the windows - something that 6 could not do.

Jon
In general the response to question like when, would be: when it's done. Or that's kind of standard developer response. There is probably not a strict schedule or timeline (as far I'm aware off). But obviously user requests help to move it up the list.

I personally would estimate that the ability for edit (in separate) windows might take while longer (compared to search). As this probably needs more development effort and testing. It's surely on the todo list somewhere.

Not that actually able to do a proper prediction (and possibly should refrain from it), but for the sake of some reference. I would say I could take 6 months (at minimum), but might end up 12 months or more (ballpark figures). Kind of depending on priority's, time required for building and the available developer time.

I would estimate that the zoom issue and theming (contrast) (see recent forum topics) go first. And also search issue seems a candidate to me.

But well writing this as a user/tester, without any actual influence in the matter. Let's wait for Petko
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

That is planned for one of the first major updates of MyInfo 7.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Thank you Petko. I look forward to the update.

Jon
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Added in MyInfo 7.1.