[fixed] External exception E06D7363 - repeating over & over

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
Tiggy626

[fixed] External exception E06D7363 - repeating over & over

Post by Tiggy626 »

I am getting the External exception E06D7363 error message popping up whenever I'm trying to use MyInfo. It starts to come up, then it repeats over & over & OVER until I close the program. It does it when I'm just looking at the notes in the program, and when the program is running in a window, without any input whatsoever.

I have disabled automatic backup and automatic compacting. What's going on?

Thanks,
Tiggy626
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

Tiggy626 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:45 am I am getting the External exception E06D7363 error message popping up whenever I'm trying to use MyInfo. It starts to come up, then it repeats over & over & OVER until I close the program. It does it when I'm just looking at the notes in the program, and when the program is running in a window, without any input whatsoever.

I have disabled automatic backup and automatic compacting. What's going on?

Thanks,
Tiggy626
I think it's related to a certain database.. are you able to identify a specific database? Or do you use single one? If can identify a specific database having the issue.. you could consider sending it to: support@milenix.com so Petko can take a look at it. Be well depends how sensitive the data is
Tiggy626

Post by Tiggy626 »

Telesto wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:15 am
I think it's related to a certain database.. are you able to identify a specific database? Or do you use single one? If can identify a specific database having the issue.. you could consider sending it to: support@milenix.com so Petko can take a look at it. Be well depends how sensitive the data is
I currently have 4 databases, none of which have sensitive data. I'll do some more troubleshooting, and if/when I can narrow it down, I'll send it in. I'd offer to send them all, but they're about 5 GB in total.

Could size be a problem? I've got one that's 2.5 GB and one that's 1.24 GB.

What about having exe files in a database? Or iso? I just imported all files I had in my directories.

Thanks,
Tiggy626
Telesto

Post by Telesto »

Tiggy626 wrote: Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:11 pm I currently have 4 databases, none of which have sensitive data. I'll do some more troubleshooting, and if/when I can narrow it down, I'll send it in. I'd offer to send them all, but they're about 5 GB in total.

Could size be a problem? I've got one that's 2.5 GB and one that's 1.24 GB.

What about having exe files in a database? Or iso? I just imported all files I had in my directories.

Thanks,
Tiggy626
Not the developer.. so kind of limited in knowledge. However based on my experience it could have an impact. Size might make some handling slower trigger errors which didn't occur with 'reasonable sized' databases. The included file formats shouldn't be a problem, I think.

It could also be caused by multiple databases with certain size..

You could close 3 other databases an launch and see if it appears.. So you might trim it down to a single database.

Related to sending it in:
* Zipping might shrink it (there is no database compression)
* There is also a dropbox alternative for sending in files to Petko: not sure there is an maximum limit at dropbox https://www.dropbox.com/request/EM7aSQViwgf3hr688J8E [assuming you have fast broadband connection]

--
I have a open suggestion to it optional that 'insert attachment/ insert note from files' makes a copy of the file (at some location as the database is stored), but not stored within. So all the file managing an be done within MyInfo, without a massive database file.

--
Another alternative is to wait until Petko picks up this thread..
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

We are working on this issue with Tiggy626 over the email. The notebook that Tiggy626 sent to me has no issues, so probably the problem is somewhere else. We are still communicating about it.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Fixed in MyInfo 7.0.9 (build 6797).

The problem was caused by some huge notebook revisions that MyInfo was not able to store in the notebook. Now, it will behave accordingly, no longer producing an error.