[solved] How to move notes into another notebook?

Discuss MyInfo and get help here
hotel

[solved] How to move notes into another notebook?

Post by hotel »

I have a note that I want to move to another notebook.
  • Do I need to recreate the note again?
  • Or is there a way to copy it and then paste into the other notebook?
lbw2112

Post by lbw2112 »

hotel wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:15 am I have a note that I want to move to another notebook.
  • Do I need to recreate the note again?
  • Or is there a way to copy it and then paste into the other notebook?
Yes, it's easy. Just as you suggested. It uses the regular Windows commands for copy or cut and paste and works just like it would for anything else in Windows.

Have both Notebooks open and select the one you want to copy or cut from.
Select the note (or notes, you can select more than one by holding down the Shift or Ctrl and clicking after you select the first one.)

If you want to copy, the note(s) to another notebook either right click and select Copy or use the shortcut keys Ctrl C.
If you want to move the note(s) right click and select Cut or use shortcut keys Ctrl X.

Switch to the Notebook and section you want to put them in.
If you just want the note(s) in the Root (Main) Tree you can just use the top menu "Edit" and then "Paste". It'll put it in that section, I think in Alpha order (not positive on that).

If you want the note(s) as a sibling in a tree, then click on a child note where you want it and then click "Edit" / "Paste" (or right click and choose Paste or use the shortcut keys Ctrl V.)

I'd suggest just making a "Test" note and experiment how it works with copying and moving and to where depending on what's selected before you paste.

Have a good one,
Larry