Japanese entitled document causes crash on rename

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
rokudo

Japanese entitled document causes crash on rename

Post by rokudo »

When I put Japanese on document title, MyInfo crash silently when I click document's title string from Tree view for editing, right after an edit box appears.
It works fine in Filter view and on first creation in Tree view (by Menu>Insert>Document, or Subdocument).

I am using MyInfo Standard 4.02 trial version.
Anywhere else works fine for now, thanks for developing a great software.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I am afraid that MyInfo can't work properly with Asian characters in the tree editor currently.

Could you tell me how did you setup MyInfo to work with Japanese in order to test it? What font did you selected in the Options dialog?
rokudo

Post by rokudo »

Could you tell me how did you setup MyInfo to work with Japanese in order to test it? What font did you selected in the Options dialog?
Here is my [Options > Display] settings.

Tree pane appearance:
- Font : MS P Gothic (MS Pゴシック)
- Font Style: Regular(標準)
- Size: 8
- Script : Japanese (日本語)

Default editor pane background & font:
- Font : Arial
- Font Style: Regular(標準)
- Size: 10
- Script : Western (欧文)

where inside () are exact words of each settings displayed in font dialog.
I hope it helps.
Crystal401

Post by Crystal401 »

Hi Petko,

I have the exact same problem with Korean characters.
Would be great if you could find a way around this.

A.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

We are currently trying to reproduce this problem, but unfortunately, we are unable so far. When we paste Japanese text in the document title editor, we get "???" characters, but the program does not crash.

Could you give us more details about the problem? Does it happen every time and does it happen if different font is selected in the Options dialog > Display properties?
rokudo

Post by rokudo »

The crash happens every time right after tree became editable by showing the input box.
Since I changed my tree pane font to "Courier New" and problem still resides, I think font is not relevant to this problem.
It looks to me that your Windows is not handling Japanese input correctly, (because it goes "???" ) or the problem is due to handlings of asian input method system (Microsoft IME).

Here is a quick how-to I found to set up Windows XP US version to enable Japanese input method. You may want to try this in order to reproduce the problem.

1. Open up any website that has Japanese, and if you can not display Japanese, install Japanese language pack
2. Open Control Panel > Regional and Language Settings
3. In "Languages" tab, check "Install files for East Asian Languages" to install additional software.
4. In "Advanced" tab, select "Japanese" in "Language for Non-Unicode programs"
5. In "Languages" tab, press "Details..." in "Text serveices and input languages"
6. Look for "Japanese" in "Installed Services". Press "Add" to add it if you don't find it in there.
7. Select "Japanese - Microsoft IME Standard" in "Default input language"

You can also find it on the Net by following search result.

http://www.google.co.jp/search?hl=ja&c2 ... lr=lang_ja

Once your Windows is enabled to use Japanese IME, you can switch Input Method to "JA" and type vowel characters (aiueo) to input Japanese.
I am using Windows XP SP2 Japanese so I can not test these step myself, but I hope it helps you to locate the problem.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Thanks, I will try that.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I know that is took much time, but I have great news! We have managed to track down and fix the problem (although, installing and using Japense Windows was not too easy :) ).

So the problem will be fixed in the upcoming MyInfo 4.10.
rokudo

Post by rokudo »

Thanks for fixing!
I am looking forward to try new version. :D