Unexpected results when using search function.

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
DDalian

Unexpected results when using search function.

Post by DDalian »

Question #1. Regarding the search or filtering capability of MI. I have numerous projects each in a separate topic file in the my topics folder. Each topic/project has multiple sub documents/tasks. The search/filtering capability within an individual topic is great but I cannot get the same results when searching all of the current topics in the my topics folder. I have created a user defined pop-up attribute (Next Action, Waiting, Reference …) to indicate the status of the document. If I use the find document function set to all topics the search results are not complete, I only get the first document in the topic, all of the sub documents are ignored even though the attribute is the same as the search term. Am I doing something wrong, if not, can you please provide a more detailed description of how the search function works with regard to searching all documents in all topics.

Question# 2. Can an attribute be set up so that it is automatically applied by default to a document/task when it is created within a topic. This would be used to identify it as belonging to a specific topic, action or both.

Question # 3. Is it possible to hide the completed tasks in the outline without deleting them from their topic/parent.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

DDalian wrote:Question #1. Regarding the search or filtering capability of MI. I have numerous projects each in a separate topic file in the my topics folder. Each topic/project has multiple sub documents/tasks. The search/filtering capability within an individual topic is great but I cannot get the same results when searching all of the current topics in the my topics folder. I have created a user defined pop-up attribute (Next Action, Waiting, Reference …) to indicate the status of the document. If I use the find document function set to all topics the search results are not complete, I only get the first document in the topic, all of the sub documents are ignored even though the attribute is the same as the search term. Am I doing something wrong, if not, can you please provide a more detailed description of how the search function works with regard to searching all documents in all topics.
Currently, the search in non-open topics is limited to some extend. It can only search through document text and document title. Attributes are not searchable for the closed topics currently. This is something that we are going to address in the next major versions.
DDalian wrote:Question# 2. Can an attribute be set up so that it is automatically applied by default to a document/task when it is created within a topic. This would be used to identify it as belonging to a specific topic, action or both.

Question # 3. Is it possible to hide the completed tasks in the outline without deleting them from their topic/parent.
Unfortunately, both are not possible at the moment.
rigas

Post by rigas »

DDalian wrote:I have created a user defined pop-up attribute (Next Action, Waiting, Reference …) to indicate the status of the document.
DDalina,

Can you explain how you did this? It seems to resolve an issue I still havent really resolved.

I wanted something similar (see thread ( http://www.milenix.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=3361#3361 )

Respectfully.
rigas

Post by rigas »

DDalian
Sorry for misspelling your name.
Rigas