problem creating new filters v5.03

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
bp

problem creating new filters v5.03

Post by bp »

Hello all:
I've always had such a good experience on this forum. I'm currently using MyInfo 5.03. I tried to create a few filters and they're fine when I create them but then as soon as I save them as something they stop working and crash the program. I also can't seem to delete these new filters.
Any help would be much appreciated it.
Thanks,
BP
bp

Post by bp »

I figured out how to delete the non-functioning filters but would still like to be able to create and name my own filters. Anyone else have this problem?
Thanks again,
BP
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Could you tell me exactly what these filters are? (attributes and conditions)
bp

Post by bp »

Sure the filter is just a modification of the Active Tasks (Grouped) Filter. I just want the grouped part in reverse order from earliest to latest. So it looks like the following:

Due Date - is not empty
And Finished - is empty
Group by Due Date - Ascending
Sort by Due Date - Ascending

Save as myfilter

Again, when I first create the conditions and filter, it's fine-- it sorts correctly. Then after saving it as something and I go back to it, it gives me an error message saying that nothing was found and wants to send that error report.

Thanks!
mkmuc

Post by mkmuc »

bp wrote:I'm currently using MyInfo 5.03. I tried to create a few filters and they're fine when I create them but then as soon as I save them as something they stop working and crash the program. I also can't seem to delete these new filters.
Any help would be much appreciated it.
Thanks,
BP
I have the same problem. No self generated filter works and can be saved.

Michael
bp

Post by bp »

Hi,
I got a message from the Milenix folks that maybe the problem was with the topic rather than the program and that gave me an idea. I created a new "test topic" added some stuff and created the filter I wanted, saved the filter, and then went back to the original topic where I was having the filter problem. The new saved filter works perfectly. I closed MyInfo and deleted the test topic and still no problems.

Hope this works for you, too.
Best,
BP
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I think that we have managed to fix this issue. Could anybody experiencing it, contact us at support@milenix.com to get the latest beta version and tell if the problem is fixed for him?
bp

Post by bp »

The fixes in the program seemed to have fixed my problem. I can now create filters in my topic of choice, name them whatever I want, save them, and even delete old filters that I created without having to close and reopen the program.

Thanks for the fast response!