Reminders

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
CyberCrone

Reminders

Post by CyberCrone »

It took me quite a while to find how to set a reminder in the beta. You can view the reminder window from a menu, but not SET a reminder from there. At present that has to be done in Attributes pane, which is not where I would normally look for it. I suggest you add a 'Set reminder' command to the reminder window that presently only displays existing reminders.

I'm glad to have the reminder function on any terms, however. The lack of it was why I stopped using MyInfo a year ago. I'm back! after trying all sorts of other similar info managers, all of them either annoying or lacking features essential to me (or both!) in one way or another.

The ability to link across topics in MyInfo is a key function lacking in many other such programs, and now we can link directly to the sentence or paragraph we want! Hooray.
Fred

Post by Fred »

To the first part of CyberCrone's post I'd like to say, 100 p.c. d'accord with me (without knowing the feature, but it's more than logical what he says)! For the second part, I must admit that I never tried Reminders in MI, like I only lately came to try Favorites, and since links, even in text fields, are only to items WITHIN your current topics... but Reminders, as Favorites, seem to be INTER-topics also, thus centrally stored (if not updated), so again, the foundations for an inter-topic linking feature are all there, even for items in those other topics, and thus, this feature should indeed be number one of any to do list of the developers, without updating the entries in a first step perhaps, cf. my today's thread.
CyberCrone

Post by CyberCrone »

Fred wrote:To the first part of CyberCrone's post I'd like to say, 100 p.c. d'accord with me (without knowing the feature, but it's more than logical what he says)! For the second part, I must admit that I never tried Reminders in MI, like I only lately came to try Favorites, and since links, even in text fields, are only to items WITHIN your current topics... but Reminders, as Favorites, seem to be INTER-topics also, thus centrally stored (if not updated), so again, the foundations for an inter-topic linking feature are all there, even for items in those other topics, and thus, this feature should indeed be number one of any to do list of the developers, without updating the entries in a first step perhaps, cf. my today's thread.
Hi, Fred...I want to be sure you understand that my comments refer to the Beta and not the standard version. I'm not sure I understand your post totally, so I want to be clear that in the beta you can link between topics without using favorites and I believe that this is exclusive to the beta. So it depends on what version you are using.

By the way, I'm a she, altho of course that's not very important here. Just thought I'd mention it while I'm on the phone. A 'crone' is an old woman and that's part of my user name, CyberCrone. You aren't the first to not pick up on that, though. 8-)
Fred

Post by Fred »

Hi, Old Woman,

As they said at UR's, English doesn't seem to be my native language, and you just proved'em right!

I'm satisfied we're into the subject of inter-topic links, to topics and to items as well, since this functionality will make MI outstanding from its competitors and be its formula to deep market impregnation from which we all will gain. You spoke of beta vs. regular versions before, but I'm absolutely sure every beta feature'll make it into the final (pro, live and let live, I'd say).

As for old women, there are: Carly Simon, Patti Smith, Joan Baez, Joni Mitchell... glad we ol'boys've got a lady with us!
CyberCrone

Post by CyberCrone »

Fred wrote:Hi, Old Woman,

As they said at UR's, English doesn't seem to be my native language, and you just proved'em right!

I'm satisfied we're into the subject of inter-topic links, to topics and to items as well, since this functionality will make MI outstanding from its competitors and be its formula to deep market impregnation from which we all will gain. You spoke of beta vs. regular versions before, but I'm absolutely sure every beta feature'll make it into the final (pro, live and let live, I'd say).

As for old women, there are: Carly Simon, Patti Smith, Joan Baez, Joni Mitchell... glad we ol'boys've got a lady with us!
:D Yes, I'm in good company!

And another yes: it's taken him a while, but when Petko gets everything working right I agree it's gonna be a killer app.