Pasting failed

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
CyberCrone

Pasting failed

Post by CyberCrone »

I was copying and pasting sentences from a different application to a Task document in MyInfo. The first paste went fine. Then I added another Task and could not paste. I went to a different application to make sure it was MyInfo and not my system, and without copying again I successfully pasted the sentence, so it's clear that it was MyInfo that wouldn't paste. Then I tried to paste the sentence in a regular document and it wouldn't paste there either.

Next, I closed and restarted the Topic - still wouldn't paste. Closed and reopened MyInfo. Still wouldn't paste. That's all I could think of to try to get around it. Sorry to bear news of a second bug in the same day! :(

When I next restart my system I'll try again and report.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Yes, this is a known bug in the beta. It happens for HTML data as far as I know and will be fixed soon.
CyberCrone

Post by CyberCrone »

Petko wrote:Yes, this is a known bug in the beta. It happens for HTML data as far as I know and will be fixed soon.
For the benefit of others reading the thread, you can un-HTML your text by pasting into Notepad on Windows systems (don't know what you would use for MACs) which converts to plain text, and then copy the plain text and paste into MyInfo, where I assume you can re-HTML it for links (which is what I was trying to copy). Onward, ho! :shock: