MyInfo and DropBox

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
CyberCrone

MyInfo and DropBox

Post by CyberCrone »

I have been using DropBox to sync files between my desktop and laptop for several weeks now, with no problems, no glitches whatsoever. Yesterday I set up the My Topics folder in My DropBox but it won't sync them.

Has anyone else been using DropBox with MyInfo and if so, have you had any problems? I can't quite imagine why it won't sync files for MyInfo when it works fine with everything else. :?
wsp

Post by wsp »

I use Dropbox to sync MyInfo files every day. The only explanation I can offer for your problem is that perhaps the MI files can't sync when they're open or minimized to the taskbar.
Bill
CyberCrone

Post by CyberCrone »

wsp wrote:I use Dropbox to sync MyInfo files every day. The only explanation I can offer for your problem is that perhaps the MI files can't sync when they're open or minimized to the taskbar.
Yeah, that's an easy thing to forget, but I've been careful about that while checking this out. Your message confirms that it should work OK. I'm messing with this as we speak - I'm checking other folders than MyInfo to be sure they are syncing, as I'm beginning to suspect that the DropBox software itself may have become corrupted somehow. I might reinstall to see if that fixes it.
wsp

Post by wsp »

I keep my MI files in the default location and then copy them over to the Dropbox folder from time to time. I notice that you work on your files directly in the Dropbox folder.

Could that be the source of your problem? I don't see why it should be, but I just thought I'd mention it.
Bill
CyberCrone

Post by CyberCrone »

wsp wrote:I keep my MI files in the default location and then copy them over to the Dropbox folder from time to time. I notice that you work on your files directly in the Dropbox folder.

Could that be the source of your problem? I don't see why it should be, but I just thought I'd mention it.
I think I may be the champion DUH! :oops: person around here. the problem turned out to be that I had TWO dropbox folders - one I renamed for a reason now lost to me (sigh) and then forgot about it, so I was saving some topics to one folder, some to the other. With that straightened out, everything is working fine.

Thanks for trying to help, wsp!