[fixed in 6.05] Toolbars & Menu Disappears- Help Needed

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
Bob_Mack

[fixed in 6.05] Toolbars & Menu Disappears- Help Needed

Post by Bob_Mack »

I'm a long-time MyInfo user, currently using 6.03 on Win 7 with a dual monitor setup. I usually have MyInfo open in one monitor, constantly referring to it as I work on projects on the other screen.

Yesterday to my surprise, I found that both the top menu bar (File-Edit-View etc.) and all toolbars disappeared. The topic tabs and the bottom status bar remain, however.

I've hunted for a keyboard command to restore them (things like Alt-T or Alt-V do not work, failing to bring up the expected menus), right-clicked all over the screen, uninstalled and reinstalled the program (rebooting and running CCleaner in between)... all without success.

Obviously this cripples the program for me. I depend on MyInfo for numerous critical functions, so this is a major problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited to add: thinking back, the only system change I can point to is a Windows "critical update" automatically installed yesterday. Wonder if that might have caused this issue?
Last edited by Bob_Mack on Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bob_Mack

Post by Bob_Mack »

I uninstalled and reinstalled again. However this time before reinstalling, I manually deleted all remaining program and user data files and all relevant registry keys.

The interface is back to normal, though I will now have to manually restore my preferences (fonts, styles, etc.) Ah, well- stuff happens.
edlipson

Post by edlipson »

I'm having this same problem, no menus after 6.03 under Win7Enterprise. Any clue as to what registry key got messed up (so I don't have to fully uninstall)?
Thanks,
Ed
edlipson

Post by edlipson »

edlipson wrote:I'm having this same problem, no menus after 6.03 under Win7Enterprise. Any clue as to what registry key got messed up (so I don't have to fully uninstall)?
I was comparing my office registry setting to my home registry settings. VISIBLE in BAR0 and BAR1 keys was 0 where I was not seeing menus or buttons, 1 where I was. I edited the two values to 1 and now I get the menu bar and the button bar. So I am now back to 'normal'.

I think this started when I upgraded to 6.03 and then did some customization to the button bar. Not sure about that though.
Thanks,
Ed
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

In the next version MyInfo will show main menu, even if it is was hidden by accident/registry editing. By design, it is not intended to be hidden anyway.