Roadmap ?

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
pjmiller

Roadmap ?

Post by pjmiller »

Is there a document/forum post available anywhere giving details of what might be planned for the next release of MyInfo?

Is there any clue as to approximately when the next release will be?

:?:
wsp

Post by wsp »

I'll let Petko speak for himself, but I would just offer this quote from a comment he made on Bits du Jour last December: "As for what's new in MyInfo 7, I can't give details yet, because it is too early. However, the focus of MyInfo 7 will be to introduce a new file format, which will be cross-platform and allow us to develop clients for other platforms (Mac, Android, iOS)."
Bill
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I am afraid there are no news about MyInfo 7 yet that are worth sharing, however it is still in development!
Coolrat

Post by Coolrat »

I am really looking forward to a new verison.

Though MyInfo is still my #1 tool, my work seems to be hampered by the lack of a proper hierarchical keyword/tag system. The web-clipping tool is still rather weak (compared to InfoQube, UltraRecall, MyBase).
A mobile phone app that allows easy import into Myinfo would stop me from using Evernote (don't like giant corporations holding my data).

The feature that I think would attract researchers in droves would be the ability to select portions sections of text and apply a keyword to that entire section. All sections of text coded with particular keywords could be brought together in summary reports. This would allow MyInfo to function as a QDA (Qualitative Data Analysis) application. Low cost QDA tools just dont' really exist (other than SilvaElm's amazing SENSE program), and there must be a demand out there.

And of course, making MyInfo cross-platform would allow many of us to drop Windows entirely and move to Linux.

I mentioned many of these ideas on the UserVoice page where we can vote for features that we want to see in MyInfo http://myinfo.uservoice.com/forums/12499-general

Wishing Petko smooth and rapid coding so he can deliver a new version 7!
pjmiller

Post by pjmiller »

I do not have a need for a QDA (Qualitative Data Analysis) tool, but I really could use a Hierarchical Tagging/Keyword system.

That would be a huge step forward.

There are only a few programs with a Hierarchical Tagging/Keyword system, one program which does have this is ConnectedText, which is good but it's more of a wiki than a outliner.

The other program I know of which has such a system is MyBase which is a failiure in so many other ways. Put more than 300 Mb of data in a file and it stops working.

Petko please consider a Hierarchical Tagging/Keyword system for inclusion in a future version of MyInfo.