Sensitivity flowing down to subdocuments

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
rob_nz

Sensitivity flowing down to subdocuments

Post by rob_nz »

Hi there!

First of all, great product! :D

I was wondering whether it would be possible to allow an option for sensitivity settings on a master document to flow down to sub-documents.

I want to export to a web site a subset of the outline of my role playing game for my players so they can keep track of where they have been and what they have done.

There are whole branches of the tree I wish to exclude from the export, and at present I need to individually set the sensitivity on each document and subdocument to be excluded.

Thanks!
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

We will consider how to implement this in the next update. Thanks!
rob_nz

Post by rob_nz »

Cool! Thanks! :D

From a user perspective I would envisage it working like file permission inheritance in NTFS or Linux. You would right-click on a document and select for sensitivity settings to apply to sub-documents.

I was thinking that it might be time to think about putting a Properties menu item on the document right-click menu, which pulls up a Properties dialog where you can set document attributes and stuff like sensitivity, status, comments etc without necessarily having to display those coloumns?

It might make it a little more flexible to add future enhancements.

Edit: Actually there is no reason why you shouldn't be able to select ths inheritance for all attributes of a document if desired. I would think a good way would be to select which properties inherit using check boxes on a property dialog for the document.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

rob_nz wrote: I was thinking that it might be time to think about putting a Properties menu item on the document right-click menu, which pulls up a Properties dialog where you can set document attributes and stuff like sensitivity, status, comments etc without necessarily having to display those coloumns?
I think that this is the best way too. Properties dialog for documents requires much work, in order to implement it, but I think this will be the best way to handle editing of multiple documents column values.
rob_nz

Post by rob_nz »

Petko wrote: I think that this is the best way too. Properties dialog for documents requires much work, in order to implement it, but I think this will be the best way to handle editing of multiple documents column values.
Well maybe as an initial implementation you don't need to edit the column values as such on the properties dialog, just whether they are visible, and which ones have infheritance turned on and other column related settings?

You could do that with an array of check boxes and tie into the existing methods on the 'View', 'Columns' menu.

I can see that's still a lot of work. Anyway, thank for considering the suggestion! :)
rob_nz

Post by rob_nz »

*BUMP*
Just thought I'd see if there was any progress on this one. :)
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

We are going to implement multi-document editing (using the Document Properties dialog), so it will be possible to set up document and subdocuments sensitivity easily in MyInfo 4!