[Done in 3.58] "Save on Minimize" Option Restored

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
x-star

[Done in 3.58] "Save on Minimize" Option Restored

Post by x-star »

Quote from 3.54 What's New notes:
"* removed the Save on Minimize option, because of some problems with
Windows XP, use File > Save All & Minimize instead (Ctrl+Shift+M)"

Not sure how others handle saving in MyInfo, but I for one used to keep the "Save on Minimize" option checked and in conjunction with the "Minimize to tray bar" & "Keep running in tray..." options also checked, my topics would get automatically saved every time MyInfo was minimized, which pretty much happend after every modification on any of the topics or as soon as I switched to another application. This way, I almost never used any of the Save options from the File menu and actually found this NOT WORRY ABOUT SAVING/SET IT AND FORGET IT feature one of MyInfo's best! Now I do have to worry about saving (and yes, I am aware of the "Automatic save every XX minutes" option).

Now the suggestion: you could restore the "Save on Minimize" option, but NOT in its original (pre 3.54) location under Options > Save, but rather under Options > Advanced > Compatibility Options, while keeping this option UNCHECKED by default when MyInfo is installed/updated. This way, users who experienced compatibility problems with this options would be safe, while others that like myself, were basing their Saving strategy in MyInfo on this options will not have to adapt to a new one.
Besides, IMHO, it also makes sense, logically, to place a feature that causes compatibility problems for some users (not all users, since I also use MyInfo with Windows XP and never experienced any problems with this option, and I did use it like, all the time) in an existing location whithin MyInfo options called precisely "Compatibility Options".

Also, while not so important in my case but rather as an elegant way to completely deal with this issue, you could create a new topic within MyInfo's HELP file called TROUBLESHOOTING/COMPATIBILITY ISSUES, where among others, this option and its compatibility problems could be explained in detail.

Best regards.
Last edited by x-star on Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

I agree this is a better way to handle the Save on Minimize problems. We will add this option in the next update.
x-star

Post by x-star »

Well, there have been two updates (3.55 & 3.56), but Save on minimize is not yet restored.

Just a reminder :wink:
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

Oops, I admit that we forgot this one. Will be in the next version.
Last edited by Petko on Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
x-star

Post by x-star »

No problem :D
x-star

Post by x-star »

Another update (3.57) is out, "Save on minimize" is still not restored. Also reported in the Survey...
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

We forgot it again. I am sorry! I promise that it will be in the next update!
x-star

Post by x-star »

Thank you. Looking forward to it!
x-star

Post by x-star »

"Save on Minimize" option is restored in MyInfo 3.58, under Tools > Options > Compatibility (unchecked by default).

Thank you.