ATT: Petko re: hoisting, floating windows & simple remin

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
JanRif

ATT: Petko re: hoisting, floating windows & simple remin

Post by JanRif »

Petko, I know we've talked about this before but I'd appreciate it if you could re-consider the following:

Since you have meta tags that deal w dates, i.e. date/time, etc. it seems to me that it wouldn't be too hard to have a pop up attached to one of these. This would serve as a reminder/due date for ToDo items. I don't think this would make MyInfo into a PIM but it would help prioritize/manage data, especially with projects that have various due dates.

Also wondering if you had considered hoisiting & separate windows.

Giving the user the ability to filter & then hoist the result helps focus on specific info in a large DB.

The floating windows become helpful when there is a need to refer back to something as you work on something else. These windows can be made to be pinable, i.e. on top of other apps.

Just a few things to consider that I didn't see on the road map but I have found to be extremely useful in data management.

Thank you for your consideration.
Jan Rifkinson
Ridgefield, CT USA
kf

Post by kf »

Could you exlain "hoist" in your message above? I have no idea what a hoisted window would look like or do.

Kevin
JanRif

Post by JanRif »

kf wrote:Could you exlain "hoist" in your message above? I have no idea what a hoisted window would look like or do.
Kevin, Hoist will pull up all the searched data & create a view of only those items, i.e. it isolates just the results of the search criteria, excluding all others. This is particularly useful when you have a lot of hits on a search. HTH
Jan Rifkinson
Ridgefield, CT USA
Petko
MyInfo Support

Post by Petko »

The hoist function has its history in the classic outliners and it has its value. However, I don't think that this is doable for MyInfo in a near future. What we can do instead, is to improve the current filtering features in MyInfo. I think that adding display of the custom columns in the filter panel and allowing more actions on the documents in the filter pane would simulate the hoist to some extend.
kf

Post by kf »

dding display of the custom columns in the filter panel and allowing more actions on the documents in the filter pane
This would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Kevin