Simple suggestion for cloning

Legacy MyInfo versions topics and topics that are no longer relevant
matneh

Simple suggestion for cloning

Post by matneh »

Hi Petko,
I'm starting to use the clone feature more frequently, and a handy shortcut would be to quickly make a clone of the selected item. This could be either through a right-click option, or a keyboard shortcut.

Currently, to clone the selected item, I need to Shift-Ctrl-C, click on "Find Selected" and then click on "Insert". Can't this be shortened?

Thanks!
Matt
kf

Post by kf »

This doesnt totally take away from your request, but you can put a clone button on the toolbar.. I've used that and it is nice. But, be warned, if you want to clone subdocuments you will have to go through the menu (sort of like the difference between "Print" and "Print...").

However, the v4 roadmap has user-defineable keyboard shortcuts listed... so this may take care of things.

Kevin
kf

Post by kf »

I was looking through the "What's New" for 3.58 and noticed that their is a drag and drop shortcut for cloning. Press Ctrl-Alt and drag and drop the document.

Kevin
matneh

Post by matneh »

kf wrote:I was looking through the "What's New" for 3.58 and noticed that their is a drag and drop shortcut for cloning. Press Ctrl-Alt and drag and drop the document.

Kevin
Excellent! I think I read that same note but forgot about it. Ok, no need for a special button or keyboard shortcut.

Thanks!
Matt